Map Showing Groups of Mining Claims Controlled by the Carson Hill Gold Mines Inc. and Adjacent Claims to the North. Scale 400 feet = 1 inch Author: Place: No place Publisher: Date: July 1920 Description: Blue line map, with hand-coloring in outline. 65x100 cm (25½x39½"). Map showing the gold and silver mines of the district abutting the Stanislaus River, and bisected by Carson Creek. The coloring of the claims reflects their ownership by three companies: Carson Hill Gold Mining Group; Melones Mining Co. Group; and Meeker Group. There are upwards of fifty claims named. No copies are listed in OCLC. This is the only known map of the mine. In 1919, W. J. Loring and Assoc. of Boston formed the Carson Hill Gold Mines Co., Inc. with A. D. Stevenot as superintendent. The Morgan Hill and the Calaveras Mine and Mill were purchased and a rich hanging ore wall was discovered at the Morgan mine. During the next few years, additional properties were absorbed, including those of the Melones Consolidated Mining Co., and the name of the company was changed to Carson Hill Gold Mining Corporation. However, after encountering the rich ore body in the Morgan, the other mines were neglected. Furthermore, in 1924, a policy of selective mining was adopted which ultimately resulted in a decrease in the earnings and tonnage output. The company operated the properties thus until 1926 when for lack of capital they were forced to close. In 1933, the Carson Hill Gold Mining Corporation was reorganized by a group of western entrepreneurs led by A. O. Stewart and J. A. Burgess as mine superintendent. The Melones, Calaveras, and Morgan Mines were put back into operation. The Carson Hill Gold Mining Corp. continued operation until May 1942 when the mill was destroyed by fire. Lot Amendments Condition: Some creasing and wear, portion at lower left corner darkened, a few small stains, very good overall, on modern cloth backing. Item number: 311986
Map Showing Groups of Mining Claims Controlled by the Carson Hill Gold Mines Inc. and Adjacent Claims to the North. Scale 400 feet = 1 inch Author: Place: No place Publisher: Date: July 1920 Description: Blue line map, with hand-coloring in outline. 65x100 cm (25½x39½"). Map showing the gold and silver mines of the district abutting the Stanislaus River, and bisected by Carson Creek. The coloring of the claims reflects their ownership by three companies: Carson Hill Gold Mining Group; Melones Mining Co. Group; and Meeker Group. There are upwards of fifty claims named. No copies are listed in OCLC. This is the only known map of the mine. In 1919, W. J. Loring and Assoc. of Boston formed the Carson Hill Gold Mines Co., Inc. with A. D. Stevenot as superintendent. The Morgan Hill and the Calaveras Mine and Mill were purchased and a rich hanging ore wall was discovered at the Morgan mine. During the next few years, additional properties were absorbed, including those of the Melones Consolidated Mining Co., and the name of the company was changed to Carson Hill Gold Mining Corporation. However, after encountering the rich ore body in the Morgan, the other mines were neglected. Furthermore, in 1924, a policy of selective mining was adopted which ultimately resulted in a decrease in the earnings and tonnage output. The company operated the properties thus until 1926 when for lack of capital they were forced to close. In 1933, the Carson Hill Gold Mining Corporation was reorganized by a group of western entrepreneurs led by A. O. Stewart and J. A. Burgess as mine superintendent. The Melones, Calaveras, and Morgan Mines were put back into operation. The Carson Hill Gold Mining Corp. continued operation until May 1942 when the mill was destroyed by fire. Lot Amendments Condition: Some creasing and wear, portion at lower left corner darkened, a few small stains, very good overall, on modern cloth backing. Item number: 311986
Try LotSearch and its premium features for 7 days - without any costs!
Be notified automatically about new items in upcoming auctions.
Create an alert