Founded by Gordon Francis and Arthur Barnett in 1919, Francis-Barnett became part of Associated Motor Cycles in 1947 and was joined there in 1951 by James. The two marques’ model ranges became ever more similar until the transfer of Francis-Barnett production to the James factory in 1962 ushered in an era of unashamed ‘badge engineering’. After WW2 Francis-Barnett concentrated on the production of lightweight two-strokes powered firstly by Villiers engines, though from 1957 AMC’s own power units were fitted to many models. In the early 1950s the Falcon used the Villiers 8E 197cc engine and by 1956 was being built with a swinging-arm frame, partially enclosed centre section and 18” wheels, the latter being introduced on the Model 74. This Falcon 74 is offered with Swansea V5 and V5C documents.
Founded by Gordon Francis and Arthur Barnett in 1919, Francis-Barnett became part of Associated Motor Cycles in 1947 and was joined there in 1951 by James. The two marques’ model ranges became ever more similar until the transfer of Francis-Barnett production to the James factory in 1962 ushered in an era of unashamed ‘badge engineering’. After WW2 Francis-Barnett concentrated on the production of lightweight two-strokes powered firstly by Villiers engines, though from 1957 AMC’s own power units were fitted to many models. In the early 1950s the Falcon used the Villiers 8E 197cc engine and by 1956 was being built with a swinging-arm frame, partially enclosed centre section and 18” wheels, the latter being introduced on the Model 74. This Falcon 74 is offered with Swansea V5 and V5C documents.
Testen Sie LotSearch und seine Premium-Features 7 Tage - ohne Kosten!
Lassen Sie sich automatisch über neue Objekte in kommenden Auktionen benachrichtigen.
Suchauftrag anlegen